Have you or a member of your family been affected by sight loss?
Have you been diagnosed with a sight condition?
Losing sight suddenly or gradually can be a daunting and scary experience. Facing life changes, new challenges and uncertainties about the future can have a significant effect on a person’s health and well being.
Questions such as;
‘How will I cope?’
‘I’m losing my independence.’
‘Will I be reliant on others for the rest of my life?’
Everyday tasks and daily living can suddenly appear almost impossible. Some of the fears and challenges faced are;
- Loss of independence
- Diminishing confidence
- Increased fears and anxieties of going out alone
- Increased fears of injuries through not being able to identify obstacles and potential hazards
We know what you are going through;
- Feeling isolated; come and talk to us
- Come and join us for a tea/coffee and a chat
- Talk to friendly people who understand what you are going through