Why should you volunteer for us?
Becoming a WSBPS volunteer can be a rewarding way to reach out to people in your community
If you speak to people who already volunteer they will tell you they do it because they love it. So why not help people living with sight loss and have fun at the same time. There are many ways that you can help support the work we do and help make a real difference.
- As a fund raising volunteer, you will be given the opportunity to get involved in some really rewarding activities where you can meet new people, gain new skills and experience while helping raise much needed funds for our work.
- Show off your artistic flair by volunteering with our arts and creative activities classes.
- Assist our social groups – A simple thing like making someone a cup of tea or helping with social events can mak a real difference to someone’s experience.
- A number of opportunities including reception duties, taking messages, assisting with office services, meeting and greeting visitors to the centre and demonstration of equipment.
- Computer technology has opened a new world of opportunities for people with sight loss. Assisting with IT classes, you will be enabling more people to learn new skills and keep in touch with developing technology.
For more information about volunteering, please contact Jo Tudor on 0151 652 8877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With your help we can continue to make real differences to the lives of blind and partially sighted people.